Friday, March 04, 2011

[Brisbane] Caffe e gelato Milany

Caffe e Gelato Milany
53 Racecourse Road, Hamilton, QLD 4007
p: 3268 2082
website:
http://www.gelato-milany.com.au/

Browsing through bargains sites like Jump-on-it, Spreets, Cudo etc has been my daily ritual. You can totally expect massive savings on most deals offered.

As soon as I saw Milany's offer of paying just $9 for $19 worth of spending in store, I can't click to buy quick enough. Only one voucher is allowed per person and I bought another one under husband's name :P.

Milany3
Decor is a bit ........ What's with the drape across the ceilings? Is it a new trend I don't know about? Well, what do I know, I ain't no interior designer.

Milany1
Lots of flavours on offer, the most interesting being 'pink bubblegum'. I didn't try it though but I might.

Milany2
Apart from ice-creams, there are some dessert options in the chiller for non ice-cream eater. Really, they exist?? Get-outtahere. The cakes and pies looked good though. Just, nobody seems to be interested.........

Milany4
Cute 'Pinocchio' for the kids. Princess ALWAYS want lemon and I chose watermelon cos you're allowed to choose two flavours.

Milany5
Mini banana split (I chose pistachio and 'Milany' which is butterscotch. YUM)

I hadn't had banana split for, um, too long. Nostalgic much. It was the in thing to order when I was maybe five. Back then I never get to order because I hate bananas (slimy, sticky, ewwww, hated it as a kid) and also ice-cream was considered luxury item in the house let alone paying hiked-up restaurant/ice-cream parlours prices. No chance.

Tacky decor aside, the gelati is great! Princess declared Milany as her favourite gelati shop in town. Nuff said.

*********
Yesterday, Samantha Perkins said... in my Melbourne post in 2008(!!!)really(?), people still interested???! Seriously, I am honoured :-)))):-

I notice you pixelate people's faces in most/all your street photos.....why?
Umm, lets see, I have not gotten their permission to publish their faces, some specifically requested me to do so and I don't want getting no lawyer's letter saying I have invaded these people's privacy and asked me to compensate them with $2 million or even $200!.

You do realise it's okay to take shots of people in public places?
Yes, its one thing to take photos in public and another to publish it. Really, it's ok to publish without these subjects permission/knowledge?? I don't know.....I am not familiar with privacy law and am not taking any chances.....

Sorry no offense, it's the first time I've seen anyone do it. It makes me think those people are wanted criminals or perverts :P
None taken. I did it when I saw other bloggers do it. And if these people are crim/perv, all the more to show their faces rather than hide it!!!

No comments: