Tuesday, April 21, 2009

[Brunei 2009 CNY] KB Fried Kway Teow

Fried kway teow (broad rice noodles) is probably on top of most people's homesick item list.

I am just OK, not die die must eat kind. All because I can whip up a decent plate of char kway teow.

KB fried Kway Teow@Quarry
KB fried kway teow BND2.50

Like Penang fried kway teow, we also have the tacky locality named fried kway teow.

KB (short for Kuala Belait, a district in Brunei) fried kway teow, Seria (a town in Brunei) fried kway teow, Tutong (another district in Brunei) fried kway teow.

The plate of kway teow in the picture above was taken at an signless hole in the wall place near the famous Quarry kolomee.

As you can see in the pic, the noodles were fried in dark soya sauce with beansprouts, egg and chicken topped with mince and scallions.

I wonder what gimmicks does seria fried kway teow has?

2 comments:

bb said...

omg.. i am jealous. =.=

Sarah said...

ARGHH I miss kb fried kway teow!! :'( I'm a student studying in Brissy at the moment as well and so far I haven't found anything here that can beat home kway teow. Reading your blog makes me feel more homesick.. Oh!! and Happy mother's day!!

ps- I've gotta try that opera cake in Chouquette soon! ;)