Thursday, October 30, 2008

[Home-cooking] Baked spareribs

Somebody has been eagerly waiting for this spareribs recipe.

It makes frequent appearances on my dining table.

Spareribs 2

You will need:
A rack of babyback ribs (i normally do at least 2 at one time)

Clean the ribs and pat dry with kitchen towel. Seasoned with brown sugar, chilli powder and salt in ration of 7:2:1.

Wrap tightly in aluminium foil. Chill in fridge for at least an hour.

Prepare marinade:
8 tbsp light soy sauce, 3 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp cooking wine, 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp water and a clove of crushed garlic. Mix well.

Take the ribs out of the fridge. Unfold one end and pour in the marinade. Reseal.

Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 1.5 to 2 hours or till the meat is tender and separated easily from the bones.

It took several trial and error to find the optimum baking time and temperature with your oven.

Spareribs

Spareribs 1
I like to reserve one rack (with the gravy) and remove the meat and shred them and fry bihun with it. It tastes just like the tinned braised spareribs.

Tomatoes n eggs
Oh, this is for second sis to see. An idea for her dinner. Its quick and easy. Try lah B.

**************

I know I have been MIA. Bitten by lazybugs.

Been having funny sensations with my gums and teeth. Felt like getting a rotten tooth soon >_<.

So I googled and found oil-pulling helped.

Mmm, so I started to oil-pull for the first time this morning using cold-pressed olive oil for about 20 minutes.

I spit the oil/emulsion *eww* into the toilet bowl and it came out off-white *gasp*horror* ewwww, full of toxins.

Then I have this slight burning sensation in the chest and felt sluggish the rest of the day and continue to do so. I guess my body is detoxying. I hope.

What is oil-pulling?

Start by feeding a tablespoon of oil into your mouth. Move the oil round the front part of your mouth with swishing action (NOT GARGLE, you might puke!). Swish for 20 minutes. Spit out. Rinse mouth with salted water.

My teeth has never felt so clean!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah ho.. totally forgot this recipe exist.. i will go buy tomato tomoro. i will coook that spare ribs one day if i can find spareribs here! Oh it looks so yummy. I miss ur udon....