Wednesday, August 27, 2008

[Brisbane] Hanaichi at Westfield Garden City Foodcourt

So I have been home in Brisbane for the past week. Got really sick the day before I left Brunei and slowly recuperating.

Hanaichi chicken nanban
Chicken Nanban/Hanaichi

Funny this is one of the many things I missed since away. Foodcourt food? What's up with this rabbit? She shuns fastfood except KFC fried chicken and foodcourt except Hanaichi.

From the pic above you can only see salad dressed in the yummiest sweet salty sour dressing (very appetizing). Hidden underneath the salad is a layer of seasoned fried chicken pieces (Rabbit's weakness) and then rice underneath.

The portion is rather big and easily feed Princess and me (I couldn't finish the rice sometimes) and all for under AUD8, cheap, by Australian standard.

Hanaichi curry
Chicken curry katsu

Now, this is Princess' favourite. 'Food' in Garden City shopping centre means 'curry' to her. The curry sauce is simply decadent, much much better than any other version I have come across. It really puts me off using those pre-packaged curry cubes. Bad.

Hanaichi foodcourt outlets can be found at Wintergarden on Queen St, Westfield Garden City, Westfield Indooroopilly and Westfield Chermside.

No comments: