Monday, March 27, 2006

Brunei Eats Jan 2006 - Gold Leaf Restaurant

Where? Seri complex. Always packed to the brim during lunch hour. Chef/owner was former chief chef at probably the most famous Chinese restaurant in town, Lucky Restaurant. Thus, food is above average standard.

Claypot noodle
I love all noodle things in all shapes n sizes. It's been a few years since I last ate claypot noodle. Not all places can do it nicely. This version is quite good, crispy noodles in boiling hot broth nicely flavoured by taro/yam, not too salty. Mmmm only thing missing is the raw egg on top. As I went there on Chinese New Year eve, they have ran out of produce as they were closing in 2 hours time. I had wanted seafood but instead I get pork and gizzards. Still it was tasty.

Wat Tan Hor
My friend's order, wat tan hor with again, pork and gizzards. Nice runny egg, yum! I tend not to order this in restaurant as I can cook this easily at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you teach me how to make wan tan hor please? I'd like to try at home, thanks.