Monday, February 27, 2006

Singapore Trip January 2006 - Bakerzin

Managed to squeeze in an overnight trip to Singapore (out 19/1/06, back 20/1/06). Bought some desserts from Bakerzin (located in Takashimaya basement).

Strawberry and pistachio shortcake
Strawberry and pistachio shortcake

Pistachio mousse lined with strawberry halves sandwiched between sponge cake. Taste just like how it looks....tasteless strawberries not lined properly, mousse sickeningly sweet, sponge cake too dry :( Apparently one of their popular cake, I do not see why.....

Coffee and choc mousse 2
Valrhona white chocolate mousse on mocha flavoured sponge cake

Both mousse and chocolate coating sickeningly sweet. Sponge cake ok, not dry like the strawberry shortcake above. They should stop using Valrhona, it's a total waste......

Bakerzin macaroons
Macaroons-assorted flavours

I had wanted to try macaroons for the longest time. This is my first encounter so I have nowt to compare them to. These little morsels were a pleasant surprise, crunchy on the outside and moist and chewy on the inside but they did not stick to my teeth as I would have expected. The fillings are a tad too sweet for my palate but in a pleasant kind of way not sickening at all. My favourite is the lemon, sweet and sour my favourite kind of taste.

No comments: