Monday, September 05, 2005

Egg tart with easy custard making procedures



Method:

1. Warm the cream and milk (equal volume) in a saucepan, DO NOT boil.

2. Stir sugar into beaten egg and mix well, do not overbeat.

3. Pour warm milk into the egg mixture slowly, stirring all the time.

4. Mould pastry into pan (I used ready-rolled puff pastry, leftover from making char siew pastry before).

5. Pour custard into the moulded pastry about 80% full as the filling will puff up during baking.

6. I bake mine at 200°c for 20 minutes.

I have some custard left so I made creme caramel as well.


To continue with the custard theme, here's a bread and butter pudding I baked recently using wholemeal bread.


The perfect pudding must be a bit wobbly in the middle, I bake mine for 12 minutes at 180°c for that texture (for baking 2 individual size portion).

No comments: