Monday, July 11, 2005

Sunday lunch - Burgers!

I always watch cookery programme on Saturday morning on BBC. Beefburgers were on the menu last week. It just happened that Big King was sitting on the couch feeding Chloe when Rachel (the programme host) present her version of the burgers. Big King's eyes were glued to the screen :-o , uh oh, I know what's coming liao.

Big King: My love, that looks absolutely delicious.
Rabbit: Errr.......yes indeed my love.... :-/
Here comes
Big King: If making these burgers at home, one can choose what meat, porklah, chickenlah, also can omit all the fatty meat, more healthy you know.
Rabbit: :-T , yalor you can make for me ;->

Later that evening we went for our routine Sainsbury (local supermarket)visit.

Approaching the meat section.........
Big King: Oh, the pork looks lovely, little fat and cheap, I think it will be good for mince.
Rabbit: :-, ya buylah buylah, tomorrow I make burgers..........(bay tahan)

Big King carefully select one good looking packet and put into trolley with a big grin on the face =^D

Sunday woke up and straightaway start making burgers.

Ingredients (make six portions):
4 pieces shoulder chop
1 onion
2 cloves garlic

Method:
1. Finely chop onion and garlic (or if you're lazy like me, process them in a blender), stir fry in a little butter and olive oil until fragrant and soft. Putaside and leave to cool.
2. Mince the chop (I use blender again). Put into a big bowl. Add the cooled onion into mince.
3. Marinate the meat with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp sweet thai chilli sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup and few dash of worchestershire sauce.
4. Add in enough beaten egg to bind the meat.
5. Grill or pan fried until cooked.

Leftover egg I fried and add to burger. I spread my toast with mayonnaise, then squirt French mustard and Maggi chilli sauce on the burger.

Start eating, yummy, lot's of juice in the meat...............Big King very happy that morning...........hehe

No comments: